I am currently on holiday vacation in Brownsville enjoying my two week stay with my family (in name and friends). One of my friends asked me why I had not blogged in awhile, and to be honest, I guess I just haven't had the energy or the time for that matter (more of a timing issue). AND, to be completely transparent, I haven't wanted to come off as grim because of the changes occurring in my life. Moving to Houston was quite a huge ordeal for me... and I frankly put on my best smile for the last year so that I wouldn't show everyone how scared I really was to leave my hometown and how sad I was to leave my friends and family. I now have successfully come to grip that I no longer live in Brownsville, and that I am a full-fledged Houstonian. Although this last year and half has been quite an adjustment, I can now see the positive impact moving to Houston has made on my life. I know that many of you will comment on the amount of work and time I put into the career I have chosen for myself, and I hope everyone knows by now that the work I do is a choice for me, and I love every minute I put into it. While I type this message, I am facebooking and chatting with my two of my bestest buddies (my cousing Ana and my bestie Amanda :). What is so funny to me is the fact that what we are doing right now is what I miss the most about living in Brownsville! I have had a fantastic time spending time with everyone and chatting with my girls (sisters and friends)... this is what I miss the most, and this is why my transition has been difficult. Get a load of my facebook statuses...
(2009 Facebook Reflections)
As you can see, my facebook statuses from this year reflect what has been going on in my head the last year. I am ready to start anew. I am ready to embrace my Houstonian life and invite you to be a part of the new me. I will be traveling and spending much time trying to close the global achievement gap throughout this year, and I will continue to update my blog to keep you posted on my activities. Let this be the beginning of a new blogging season. And how fitting to reengage with the blog while I am on vacation with the family I love so much. I will be updating pics and stories soon!
Love ya, Niecy
No comments:
Post a Comment