
Buenos Dias! I know I have taken quite awhile, and I´m really trying to get used to this keyboard... it´s a little different from the one in the states. I tried calling a few people yesterday, but I guess everyone is asleep at midnight. I´ll try to give you an update as to what I have been doing. All I have to say about Oaxaca is that it is so beautiful!!!!! The beauty is almost bitter sweet. The people of Oaxaca are so wonderful, but this beauty is almost bitter sweet. The people themselves work the land and work for everything they get. The hills are beautiful, but the poverty is what is not so beautiful.
Here are a couple of pictures of what has been going on. Here you will find the Santo Domingo church built as a monastery for Dominican monks. They call Oaxaca City the "Emerald City" because most of its buildings are built with green cantera bricks. The city is lush and beautiful.
Denise
No comments:
Post a Comment