Me and the girls ready for a night of fun. We hadn´t had a glass of wine yet...
Well, timid and shy we were not. Once we had a few glasses of white wine, we were in perfect teacher
form as if we were meeting parents on an Open House night. We met some pretty impressive people. I was excited to be singled out by the Ambassador of the United States to Mexico, Mr. Tony Garza (a fellow Brownsvillian). As soon as I introduced myself he didn´t even let me finish saying my name before he said, "Denise, Pace High right...". Well, you know, I was delighted and I felt pretty important, and as my fellow colleagues tried to get his attention, he always came back to get himself a little more Denise time... yeah...
We were able to hob knob with a few other important people from Mexico. Most of the people at the dinner were there because they had helped plan our organizational trips and had been presenters for us during our visits. I had a blast; dinner was fantastic; conversation was exquisite; the night was magical... and during the dinner and performance of Maestro Carlos Prieto I had a moment of clarity. I don´t quite know how to express what I was feeling that night, but what I can say is that my heart felt so fulfilled that all I knew is that I wanted more... more of this feeling, more of these opportunities, more of a life that I have yet to create for myself, and now I feel compelled to do more with my life and to branch out to what I have been afraid to. Now, don´t let me get too ahead of myself. I´m not sure what that is yet, but I am sure that this trip was just the beginning of finding out who Denise really is... and I must say, I am excited to meet her...

Tamara and I waiing for an exciting evening...

After the night was over, I had to take a minute to catch me breath. I´m still trying to catch it...
No comments:
Post a Comment