As I begin preparation for my new summer endeavor, I think to myself..., "How lucky can I really be?" Two years ago, I began this blog in anticipation of traveling to Mexico for a month's trip. Last year, I continued the blog in anticipation of beginning my first summer coursework with Teachers College Columbia University. This summer I continue my blog in anticipation of moving to Houston, finishing my coursework for my second master's in Educational Leadership, and beginning a career with KIPP (Knowledge is Power Program) on path to chartering a new high school in an area I know nothing about.
My life has been one change after another. I owe it all to the soul searching trip I took to Mexico two years ago. During this trip I discovered that I myself had been locking away my inner self waiting to let life happen to me... forgetting that I was to make life happen for me. Well, now I am on a path which honestly I do not know how I began... life is sort of still happening to me with me making some decisions along the way. But I wonder, when will the time come when luck runs out and opportunities close... then I will find if my self-discovery over the years has taught me anything.
I seem to be rambling... I'm not quite sure what to say. My life is changing in so many directions, but I do know one thing. I am the path to a new beginning. A beginning that will open my eyes to new experiences and life's wonderous adventures. I say, "I'm ready." I'm ready to make life happen.
Let's see how it goes...
1 comment:
Oh pretty pretty!!! I am so so proud of you!! I just read your recent blogs and they are very inspiring. And I must say I love the pix of lil ladee!! I cannot tell you enough how proud I am of you and all that you are accomplishing in class and within yourself. much love to you baby and give my love to sweet Tamara. xoxoxo j
Post a Comment